The autism tag is really tiring to go through.
Things that make it hard:
- All the Autism $peaks stuff. They suck, OK?
- Vaccines stuff. THEY DO NOT CAUSE AUTISM. SHUT UP. NOW.
- People calling their siblings broken. Autistic does not equal broken.
- People calling autism a mental illness. (It’s a developmental disability. Mental illnesses shouldn’t be stigmatized any more than autism should, but thereisa difference.)
- People calling autism a disease. (Again. Developmental disability.)
- People comparing autism to stuff that can kill people, like cancer and diabetes. (Autism is NOT FATAL. Autistic people are more likely to have epilepsy, but this epilepsy is still NOT autism.)
- People calling their siblings burdens. (That’s not acceptance, btw.)